Cover Photo: Rachel Park
1. Muesli bowl
A protein-rich wholesome breakfast to kickstart your day. An enriched bowl with VIBGYOR hues containing plenty of vitamins and minerals. A substitute for sugary cereals.
There’s not much for you to do
- Simply pour your favourite milk or yoghurt into a bowl or just soak them overnight
- Add fresh raspberries, strawberries, bananas and dry fruits, or customise your brekkie with any fruit you like
A go-to Indian low-calorie breakfast, a probiotic and highly rich in iron. It is a simple dish, even a rookie can’t go wrong and has an incredible filling capacity, you can also consider it as an evening snack.
- Rinse the poha 2-3 times with water and clean it
- Take a pan, add little oil add mustard seeds and saute some onions, then add tomatoes to it
- Stir it, and add salt, chillis, and turmeric powder.
- If you wish you can add potatoes, peanuts or different vegetables you like.
- After stirring the mixture, add poha to it and stir it for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish your poha with fresh coriander leaves, squeeze a lemon onto it and voila!
When time is of the essence, one of the simplest dishes is to have an omelette. They will keep you keep active and are rich in protein, a healthy yet tasty option to suffice your cravings.
- Add 2 eggs to a bowl, and whisk them, beat them until frothy. Further, add salt and chillies.
- You can further add onion, tomato, coriander or any veggies you may want.
- Heat the pan and pour the batter, cook it for 2-3 minutes and then flip the side.
- You can sprinkle some extra spice after turning the stove off
- You can have it sliced bread, cheese or even experiment with different veggies.
4. Banana Pancakes
Who doesn’t love the fluffy pancakes in the morning? With simple substitutions, you can make pancakes easily in 5 minutes.
- Take a bowl, add half cup flour, 3 tsp. baking powder,2 tsp brown sugar and 1 tsp salt whisk them together.
- Take another bowl, beat milk and sour cream in it and then add eggs to it.
- Then amalgamate the batter of two bowls.
- In a pan, melt the butter on medium flame and ladle the batter, cook for 3 minutes and then turn the sides
- Your fluffy pancake will be ready
- Garnish it with banana slices and you can even pour honey or maple syrup over it.
5. Stuffed Sandwich
Start your day with a delicious sandwich, and a heavy breakfast which will keep you going for the day.
- Take 2 slices of bread, multigrain if you want it to be completely healthy.
- Finely chop onion, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot or any seasonal veggies
- Add mayonnaise to the chopped veggies and then further add salt, chillies and seasoning
- You can add salami to it, which will make it more tasteful and nutritional
- Layer all the material in the bread and add a slice of cheese to it.
- And you are ready with the robust sandwich within minutes.