• /
  • Money
  • /
  • 10 Things you probably didn’t know about money but you should

10 Things you probably didn’t know about money but you should

Money
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Shoja, Himachal Pradesh

Top 10 Offbeat Places to Visit in India.

Here’s the thing about visiting India: if you only go to the top 10 tourist places as most people do, you’re missing out on a lot. There are many unusual & offbeat places to visit in India that aren’t frequented by everyone else, and which make for memorable travel experiences. If you want to experience something unique when you visit India, visit these 10 offbeat places to visit in India.

ADVERTISEMENT

A piece of paper around which our life revolves. But to what we don’t pay much attention is to its facts except for ranting about how we don’t have enough of it.

Money is a very potent discovery of modern times. A foundation stone around which every single economic activity whirls.

1. Before the invent of money, people used precious coins with native copper, meteorites, shells, lead ingots and even livestock as a medium of exchange.

2. It is believed that the first-ever official currency is introduced by Lydia’s King Alyattes named the Lydian stater, those were the coins with pictures stamped on them and were used as denominations.

3. The phrase rupee comes from the Sanskrit word “rupyah” denoting “shaped silver”. It is a highly well-known currency throughout Asia.

Coins
Image Courtesy: Manor FX

4. Economists have analysed that in today’s world, 92 per cent of the world’s currency is digital-only the rest 8 per cent is physical money.

5. The Chinese were the first to utilise paper bills and carried them during the Tang Dynasty, in the form of private bills and used it for more than 500 years.

6. The word money is derived from- “money” in Middle English and French and “mint” or “money” in Latin a term for goddess Juno.

7. When money is worn out, it is recycled. Once the coins are worn-out they are melted down and used to create fresh new coins. The shredded bills when recycled are used as fireplace wood.

8. If you have deteriorated money, don’t just toss it aside. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing may redeem it for its full value. For that, you must have more than half of the original note, to be eligible for its redemption.

9. The first and the only lady to have her face printed on the circulated U.S. note is “Martha Washington”.

Martha Washington, Former First Lady of the United States of America
Image Courtesy: Wikipedia

10. A federal law that forbids the current presidents from having their faces printed on the currency on U.S. coinage.

Bonus fact:

Reports showcase that 90 per cent of the paper money has traces of cocaine on it. The fact is, it is so filthy and has numerous bacteria on it. Do sanitise or cleanse your hand every time you make a physical transaction to shield yourself from unwanted germs.

 

Shoja, Himachal Pradesh

Top 10 Offbeat Places to Visit in India.

Here’s the thing about visiting India: if you only go to the top 10 tourist places as most people do, you’re missing out on a lot. There are many unusual & offbeat places to visit in India that aren’t frequented by everyone else, and which make for memorable travel experiences. If you want to experience something unique when you visit India, visit these 10 offbeat places to visit in India.

ADVERTISEMENT
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

RELATED POSTS

COMMENT

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Get a daily dose of lifestyle tips and insights from On Fire Lifestyle and see your life transform for the better!

ADVERTISEMENT

CONVERSATIONS

10 Must-have Tech Gadgets in 2022

POPULAR AUTHORS

Sahil Kohli
Marketing Professional. Writer. Loves Cricket.
Sai Shipra
Writer. MBA. Loves To Play Batminton & Basketball. Foodie. Traveler.