Cover Image: Home Decor Bliss
The Bohemian décor style has been increasingly popular in recent years among design and lifestyle trends. Bohemian attire is more than a passing fad. It’s all about embarrassment in boho culture. It’s a distinct culture with its own distinct beliefs and intricate history. While bohemian fashion is most strongly identified with hippie trends of the 1960s and 1970s, it is now a part of mainstream society. Bohemian styles express the associated lifestyle ideology: an alternative to traditional attire, along with an equally different, more free lifestyle and a social position against everything from consumerism to societal restraints.
There are certain facts about Bohemian culture that could be unknown to you. Below, I have collated a list of 10 such facts.
- There’s a fascinating story about the first bohemians. The bohemians arose in France after the French Revolution. They were referred to as ‘gipsies’ or ‘Roma people.’ They were largely refugees from Central Europe’s Bohemia area. Gypsy has evolved into punk, rock, and out-of-this-world state of a person who maintains it edgy and sophisticated by dressing up smartly and comfortably in today’s environment.
- What began as a necessity (poorly dressed due to poverty) evolved into an ideology — one that was anti-materialism, pro-communal living places, anti-social customs, and frequently anti-personal cleanliness. Later, the Bohemians joined the Aesthetic Movement, which protested the era’s harsh corsets and crinolines. As a result, adherents of the Aesthetic Movement adopted a new way of life and a new style of dress that emphasized loose fittings, hand embroidery, and medieval-inspired patterns.
- The life of a bohemian is unconventional. It all owes to their talent and unique ideas. People who follow the bohemian culture lead a carefree and irregular lifestyle. They don’t follow any sort of schedule. They have no discipline or regularity and live in a haphazard manner. The majority of them are wanderers, vagabonds, or adventurers. They are bursting at the seams with creative instinct and originality.
- Love, not conflict, is the message of the Bohemians. They ridicule those who have a war mindset and dismiss the notion of war. They have strong ties to music, art, and philosophy. Philosophy, spirituality, and mythology are all present in Boho culture. It thinks that by “jumping into life’s pages in full color,” one may make a mark in history that will nurture one’s home in some way.
- The Bohemian style, now known as ‘Boho-chic,’ has resurfaced as a rebellious or non-conformist aesthetic throughout history. They are renowned to maintain healthy lifestyles despite their disorganized and irregular existence. They follow a vegan diet because they are concerned about their weight. The majority of the bohemian population followed a vegan diet, not only because it was a healthier way of living, but also because it made them feel more energized.
- The cornerstone of boho culture is to dress in an untidy or precise manner, which implies there are no restrictions. The goal is to appear casual, as if you threw on the items on the spur of the moment, reflecting your easygoing and earthy demeanor. Detailed and delicate needlework, thick sweaters, scarves, and other boho-chic staples are included in this type of fashion.
- Bohemian fashion has a diverse variety of forms and cuts, as well as a diverse range of fabrics, patterns, and methods. Natural materials in naturally occurring colors, designs influenced by art and rustic components, as well as a profusion of ethnic, folk, and floral motifs, are all common features of bohemian designs. Lace, leather, crochet, suede, denim, and rattan are some of the materials used in the boho fashion trend.
- Men’s clothing is included in bohemian fashion. They have many of the same inspirations as women’s clothing, although not being as easily recognized. A pair of loose slacks or damaged jeans, topped with a T-shirt, sweater, or any combination of these, as well as a scarf and a vest, might be their attire. Layering, caps, and jewelry—rings and bracelets—all contribute to the overall aesthetic. Boho chic fashion trends include not just men’s and women’s clothing, but also children’s clothing.
- On-theme flowing hair and natural, shining makeup are a requirement when it comes to getting that wonderfully easy boho appearance. When it comes to mastering the laid-back bohemian hairstyle, whether it’s for a casual or formal occasion, the buzzwords are comfortable and easy. There are a variety of methods to make your hair seem absolutely bohemian, whether you’re all about trying out the new unicorn fad and coloring your hair in delicate pastel colors or wearing an exquisite ombre job.
- The boho movement has spread its wings all over the world. Bohemian fashion has long been viewed as rebellious. Boho style, as well as boho chic, became ubiquitous in the first decade of the twenty-first century as a result of celebrity culture. It became an iconic fashion in its own right, with movie stars, singers, models, and well-known celebrity designers wearing bohemian style.